Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Is college a waste of time?

Is college a waste of time? This question sparked an essay that I will be speaking on today in my blog. The thesis statement can be found at he end of the first paragraph. This essay is riddled with different points of evidence but I will provide 3 of them specifically. 1. Failure is punished instead of seen as a learning opportunity. meaning instead of students getting help when they do poorly in college they just get a bad grade and have to move on regardless of there lack of knowledge. 2. A major function of college is to signal to potential employers that one is qualified for work. This is referring to the new methods of technology to allow for more unqualified people to get higher paying jobs. 3. College is expensive. just like it says, college will put a serious dent in your pockets. I pretty much agree with a lot of this essays points and feel that college is not a necessity to everyone but I am still attending for the benefits of education.

3 comments:

  1. Great post I believe mines is a little off. when identifying the thesis it confused me a little bit as you can see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we both share an equal understanding as to the essays message. We were both off a little bit but we both have the basic concept of the argument and seem to be on the same side. Both of us using logos to the fullest to point out facts and statements made. While our statements were different, our arguments were alike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For example we both use the statement of employers using the the internet to recruit workers for jobs and how that is becoming more dominant in today's society. We also both showcase the statistics of prices rising by 3.6 times greater over the past 30 years to attend college. you do go into greater detail then me when you speak on the UnCollege as I didn't touch on that subject. I believe the author of this blog uses a lot of pathos in his essay, while he also uses logos with some statistics it is mostly his use of emotions and personal experiences that build his argument on the topic. I do agree with what the author says in his blog and his views on the topic.

      Delete

Stand By Me

Today I am gonna talk to you guys about the the music video "Stand By Me" created by Playing for Change. This video does the Ben...